The Conner's Est. 2003

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Schedule Update

On May 18th I plan to return to work to see my wonderful students and finish up the school year and close down my classroom! I want to see my 4th graders off to 5th grade. With that being said Ricky and I have worked really hard to get Chloe on a manageable schedule! We read the book "Babywise, " and have talked to several of our friends who have baby's all close to Chloe's age to get some ideas on a schedule.

So far so good. As of now she eats every three hours during the day which looks like this...9am feeding, noon feeding, 3pm feeding, 6pm feeding. After six is when it gets tricky. At 8 Chloe gets her bath which usually takes us until 8:30, then she gets her reflux medicine (she is supposed to take it 30 min before she eats) Right after she gets her medicine I guess she is so relaxed from her bath that she falls asleep very quickly. The problem is she is supposed to eat at 9pm and I'm not sure if I should wake her or let her sleep. I have done two things here. Several times I have not woken her and just went ahead and put her in her crib thinking she would wake up at midnight to eat since she hadn't ate since 6pm, however she never did wake up she slept both times all the way till 3am and even then I woke her up because it worried me. The other times I just went ahead and woke her up at 9:30pm to feed her and thus she slept until 4ish am. After her 4am feeding I put her back in her crib and she usually sleeps till 8am, I get her up change her diaper give her reflux meds and feed her at 9am and the cycle starts all over again.

My debate though is when I start back to work and she is still waking up at 4am to feed. I obliviously have to feed her then because she is hungry but I really need for her first feeding of the day to be at 6am. My lactation consultant said go ahead and wake her at 6am for a light feeding just to get her in the habit and then once she starts sleeping thru the night she will naturally wake up at that time to start the day with a feeding.

Either way I think she/we are doing great. I have felt so much more rested now that she is sleeping somewhat thru the night plus it gives Ricky and I a good chunk of time from 9 to 11 to hangout and watch TV and relax. I am hoping by 10 weeks she will make it all night, but we will just have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment