So here is the schedule of a working breastfeeding mother.....
6am boob patrol feeding
9am pump patrol
noon pump patrol
3pm pump patrol
6pm boob patrol feeding
9pm boob patrol feeding
and then it starts all over again at 6am. Doesn't look all that bad...but let me explain...
In order for me to pump at school I have to take everything but the kitchen sink.
I have to pack the pump, storage bottles, freezer bag with gel packs, paper towels, zip lock baggies and so on. Then I have to leave my class go downstairs to the nurses office and pump which takes about 20 min. then I have to store the milk and clean all the parts and I have to do this several times. IT SUCKS
My original goal was to breast feed Chloe till she was 12 weeks and next week she will be 12 weeks old. I am really torn on weaning here from breast milk. I know it is the best thing for her but it is wearing me out. I am planning on teaching summer school for 2 weeks in June and can't do the whole pumping thing again....it is driving me crazy at work.
I will just have to see how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment