Daddy giving Chloe her bottle after the dreaded SHOTS!

Ricky and I took Chloe for her 2 month check-up and shots today! I was very nervous about the shots and had several questions I wanted answered.
When we arrived the nurse weighed and measured her. So far she is 24 1/2 inches long, which puts her over the 97% percentile in length, she weighs 13.3 pounds, which puts her in 95% percentile and her head measure 38.2cm which puts her in the 50% percentile (yeah she has a small head for a big body, but it will catch up!). The doctor was very impressed with her schedule and commented on how great she is doing at her night time sleep/feedings. I asked about adding cereal to her 9pm feeding and he didn't recommend it. Said that since she is already doing so good he predicts she will drop the 4am feeding in the next little bit, and said that breast milk is better that adding a cereal filler. So we will wait it out until 12 weeks and then once I stop breastfeeding and switch to formula see how she does then.
The zantac is a miracle drug..need I saw more. The child is hardly ever fussy, spitting up, and sleeps great. So he recommended we stay on it and by 4 months she should be completely off of it. We could wean her down to 1 dose at 3 months just to see how she does.
As for the shots. My questions today were more about the Hep. B shot. I wanted to know why an infant needed the shot even though they aren't a high risk candidate. The doc. said that you never know when they might need a blood transfusion, such as an accident, etc. He said their is a very low risk incident with it. He gave me some paper work and said that if I decided to post pone it that it was okay however instead of her getting 3 shots with combo vaccines she would have to get 6 separate ones. They gave us a few minutes to discuss it and we just went ahead and got it as the schedule outlines.
Shots weren't all that bad. Ricky held Chloe's little hands while the two nurses gave her 1 shot in her right leg adn 2 in her left leg. She didn't cry until they started pushing the meds in..I guess it burned.
We had gone ahead and gave her tylnol after they weighed her hoping it would help. After her shots I gave her a bottle and she was as calm as could be...a little in shock but calm. She fell asleep and slept till her noon feeding ate then got real fussy so we gave her more tylonol and she quickly dozed off again.
So that is how her two month visit went.....we don't go back until her 4 month visit...keep your fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment