The Conner's Est. 2003

Saturday, January 2, 2010

6 years!

On December 20th Ricky and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary! Usually we go some where really exciting but in the past 2 years we have stayed home. When we got married we said that every other year would be the other persons year to plan something special for our anniversary, we decided that since I planned the wedding our 1st anniversary would be planned by Ricky and so on...so this was his year. Since I was pregnant for my year I got by easy. I just planned on cooking Ricky is favorite dinner and making cheesecake for him (that was his grooms cake) and staying in and watching our wedding dvd...I know totally cheesy but hey that's us!

Anyways since this was his year and we do have a small child and a huge snow storm had just hit, I didn't' really expect anything special or exotic like in the past. Although Mamaw was in town I knew we did have a babysitter! YAY!

We got up that morning took some snow photos and then Ricky was just itching to give me my card and gift. As usual I got a really sweet card with lots of gushy love stuff wrote inside by him and then he asked if I wanted my gift...sure I said. On our dinning room table I have glass ornaments that he gets me every year that are filled with roses. I keep them for display b/c the look great as centerpieces. He said well here it is and opened the lid to one of them and to my surprise was a jewelry box...YAY. He said it had been there for a while and had a huge smile on his face. To my surprise and utter delight he gave me a beautiful pair of diamond earrings! Nothing better to get on your anniversary!

We later managed to escape the snow for a nice dinner out. We had planned on going to a movie, but instead missed Chloe and decided to come home and just hang with her...I know cheesy again, but we do LOVE her tons!

Anyways 6 years has flown by...I can't believe GOD blessed me with such a wonderful Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment