Sorry this post is a little late but I have been soooo busy to say the least! Christmas this year was awesome but it went by way to fast! Ricky's mother fly in on Dec. 19th from Florida and it was great to have her stay with us. Chloe Nell really enjoyed seeing her and they got some quality time together.
Ricky and I enjoyed are time off from work and spent several days lounging in our P.J.s all day just watching T.V. and playing with Chloe. We kinda toned down the Christmas decor and partying. I usually have a work Christmas party at my house on the last day of school before the break but opted not to have one this year, good thing because we got about 8 inches of snow that night :) We didn't put out all of our Christmas garlands, lights, and trees! Shocking I know, but with a 9 month old who has time :). We did manage to get up 5 trees and most of our other decor.
We spent Christmas Eve with Ricky's side of the family is Elizabethton which is always loads of fun! The we dropped by my mom and dad's house to open presents with them and my brother's family. The tradition is to open 1 gift on Christmas eve from my parents. It was loads of fun, but by 10:30pm Chloe was of the verge of passing out. We got home around 10:45pm and tucked her in for the night.
Christmas morning came early. Ricky and Chloe got up at 7am and played for a bit while me and Mamaw slept until 9:30am. We started Christmas morning a little later than expected but it was fun. Chloe got really a little too much this year! Mamaw Linda was very good to her and got her some brand new lady bug earrings, several pj sets, and lots more.
Ricky and I had a great Christmas too! I must say Ricky has great taste when it comes to picking out my gifts! He always knows just what I would like to have!
To see Christmas through the eyes of you child is truly something amazing! By about 10:30am Chloe was ready for a nap. So off she went! My parents always come over for Christmas breakfast and Ricky always fixes is yummy french toast, eggs and bacon..YUM! We all sat down and enjoyed a yummy Christmas brunch!
Around noon Chloe was up and her Papaw Rick came over for his Christmas time with her! She got all kinds of fun toys. She really loves her new ride! A little roll around car.
After several hours of watching Chloe play she needed another nap and Ricky and I had to start cooking the ham, mashed potatoes and mac n cheese. At 6pm everyone came back over included my brother and his gang and we all sat down to a yummy Christmas dinner and more gifts. This time we celebrated with my side of the family. Chloe got even more toys and some much needed socks!
Christmas night was lots of fun but by 9pm I was ready to call it a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment