The Conner's Est. 2003

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stay at home Mommy

I have been off of work now for 3 weeks. The first 2 weeks were because of Christmas break, but this last week has been due to snow. I really should stress that in the last 3 weeks we have had more snow than in the last 3 years...crazy I know! Not to mention Arctic temperatures with sub-zero wind chills.

So for the past week school has been canceled and I have had the chance to stay at home with Chloe. If you have been keeping up with my posts I wasn't sure if I could hake it as a stay at home mom. I really do love my job, getting up and ready for work, the routine, etc I have great mommy hours 745 to 315...perfect! when she was 8 weeks old I was ready to go back to work. You have to remember that at this point in Chloe's life all she did was sleep, eat, and poop so there really wasn't much to miss while I was back at work. I actually only worked the last 2 weeks of school and then 2 weeks of summer school then I was off for the rest of June and didn't go back until August.

I have done fine up until she was about 6 months old when her personality really started to come out and she could babble, crawl and entertain me with her sweet laughs. That is when I started having a hard time leaving her while I went to work. Thank goodness that Ricky drops her off in the mornings because it would just break my heart some days to leave her.

Once I got to work I was fine. I work with kids and they are awesome so my day would fly by. However I have been super excited about Christmas break and getting to snuggle with her and play with her and hopefully see some "firsts"!

I got my wish! I have enjoyed every moment at home with Chloe. I got to see her first tooth, her first standing on her own, her first pointing for something she likes, her first walking around the couch. It is perfect! Don't get me wrong I am kinda ready to go back to work and get dressed, put on make up and see my kiddos. But this time at home has been refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment