So post Christmas I had a little toy melt-down! After picking up 50 some odd toys which included rattles, blocks, farms animals, stuffed animals just to name the smaller items..not to mention a pack n play, swing, bouncer, exersaucer, 2 ride'em cars I was on the verge of freaking out. I am not used to having my house look like Santa's toy factory. I don't mind a few, but seriously it was getting our of control.
Our house is older so we don't have great open rooms or a open floor plan. we have several rooms down stairs but for the most part Ricky and I stay in our den when watching tv. Our living room is more formal and the tv is smaller so you get the idea....Chloe has been really good about playing in the den, but we have to move the coffee table to the side, and so on and with all these darn toys it is just to crowded. So we ended up moving her pack n play to our dining room to make room for the toys and thus far we have toys scattered in every corner of the living room. All I can think of us how tacky! I swore I would not have plastic kitchens, cars, etc lining my room when I had children, but now that I have a child I seem to be eating every last word!
So the day after Christmas I had to make the call! Ricky and I called our favorite contractor to come and give us an estimate on turning our front porch into a play room for Chloe Nell. The room is actually perfect for it. We put in new windows 2 years ago, it is heated/ac, so all we have to really do is tile the floor and paint...and of course add storage and decorate it! YAY that is the best part.
I really hope to get the room done by mid February so that we can have her birthday party out there. I will post pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment