Going to the Doctor is one of the few things in life I really don't enjoy...however when your pregnant it is actually an experience that I look forward too! In the beginning you go once a month, then towards the end twice a month and finally once a week. In my case though I have gotten to go pretty regular because of some minor issues and I have been fortunate to have more than just the two routine ultrasounds. At every visit they weigh you *FUN*, check your bp, do a urine screen, all of which is blah, but when the doctor checks the baby's heart rate and that is the moment that makes all the waiting and poking worth it. I always ask what Chloe's heart rate is..I guess mostly out of habit and fear. Some how I am obsessed with numbers especially when it comes to her little heart beating. She is doing wonderful though so I can't complain.
I went for my 38 1/2 week check up I would say 39 week, but then that would be cheating and to my delight I was 3 cm dilated....When the doc told me I was like "No Way!!!" She was like "yeah!" that's a good 3 not just a 3! so I am assuming almost a 4 by the way she talked....yeah! Only 7 more to go, but who knows how long that could take.
I've been told several different opinions on the matter. Some include the fact that I am a first timer and that I could stall out at 3 and stay there for the next 2 weeks, or the other being that I could have her by Saturday! I'm leaving it all in the Lord's hands!!!! The doctor did ask if I wanted to go ahead and schedule an elective induction for next week. Since Ricky was at work and didn't get a chance to go with me I told her I would have to discuss it with him and let her know later. She said no rush since I already have my appointment set for next week I could let them know then too!
Here's where I stand on the whole induction thing....I am OCD we all know that so planning the birth of the baby down to the day is perfect for me! Not to say I haven't been prepared since like week 32 or anything, but having the day set and scheduled, arriving on our own time would be nice....however on the other hand I kinda want to wait it out and see when it does all occur. I'm not big on surprises or the mystery of your watering breaking, or are these "real" labor pains? but part of me is old school and would like to wait it out. I know Chloe will arrive when she is ready.. My other big concern here is her size!!!!! I don't want to try to give birth to a 10 pounder. So after much discussion between Ricky and I, and several emails and phone calls to people who have gone into labor naturally or been induced I feel like we are making an informed decision.
We are going to wait it out until next week and if she still hasn't arrived by then we are going to schedule an induction. The way I figure it I'm only 38 1/2 weeks next week I will be 39 1/2 so it should be good timing. Plus I've got 3cm on my side! not to mention horrible contractions all night last night, so maybe she is on her way....
No comments:
Post a Comment