Here are some photos of Chloe's Nursery! Sorry it has taken so long but these past few weeks have been crazy. We started the nursery back in September by purchasing the black furniture first. We just went with what we liked and at that time didn't know what we were having. Once we found out it was a girl the planning started. I knew I didn't want anything character wise like Disney, etc but I wanted something classic and pink. For those of you that know me you know that I LOVE Vera Bradley stuff and I wanted to use something along that line with floral designs, etc. My mother and I spent and entire Saturday tracking from here to Bristol to find the perfect fabric. (My mom Debbie is a master seamstress and can sew anything from scratch) so it was natural to have her design and make all of my baby bedding etc. Almost she has made almost everything in the room that requires fabric with the exception of the changing table cover and the lady bug hamper and mobile. One quick note....Ricky said "NO" to painting the room a light pink. He said he loved pink but that pink walls were to much for even him to endure. So in a gesture to make him happy I picked out a light green. Well that only lasted about 2 months, and after much hinting around he surprise me and painted it a light pink one Saturday morning.
Yes, I love lady bugs and the story behind them is that they are my sorority mascot. However, once we moved everything into the room and had it almost finished we started noticing tons of live ladybugs crawling all around the windows and on the ceiling. They are so cute...so it was meant to be to have a ladybug nursery...the are even considered good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment