The Conner's Est. 2003

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Night Terrors and rest, what a combo!

Since I have stopped working I have found a great deal of free time to do as I please. According to all of my friends who are either new parents or veterans to the job, everyone has told me to enjoy these next weeks and to catch up on my rest.

I have read about babies getting their days and nights mixed up, but I think I am the one with the mix up. I dried the night....thought I would never say that because my favorite place in the world is my comfy bed, but lets face it when your 9 months pregnant getting comfortable is hard to do. Ricky and I usually eat dinner around 8pm (basketball coaches wife schedule, ha ha)then we turn on the Tivo and watch our favorite shows. Poor Ricky is usually so exhausted that by 9:30pm he is asleep on the couch. At 10pm I wake him up and we both head upstairs. I usually lay there for 30 minutes praying to fall asleep at some point I must fall asleep but by 11:30 or midnight I'm up tossing and turning, trying to get comfy which usually leads to me having to pee, get up go to the bathroom, come back try to get comfy, fall back to sleep...This routine repeats itself until about 4:30 when I just wake up and can't go back to sleep. So I usually sit up in bed and try to relax or I usually wake Ricky up by all my commotion. He is so great he will go get me something to drink or snack on or rub my back, but within 20 minutes or so he falls back to sleep.

At 6:30 I am usually back to sleep however Ricky then has to get up to go to work so I usually just go ahead and get up. I get on the Internet for a few minutes, tell him bye and then try to lay down on the couch, hoping the early morning news will put me back to sleep. I am somehow lucky because I usually can get comfy and fall asleep on the couch until at least 10am. I spend the rest of the day in my PJ's doing as I please. I have had lots of Doctors appointments so those at least give me a chance to get out of the house and forces me to get a shower and get ready. However, I have decided at this point who cares!!!!

I would like to mention that every once in a while at the doctors office I see these really cute pregnant women who must only be like 6 months with cute dresses and heels on and I say to my self, "just give them till 9 months and those cute red heels will be gone and the velour jumpsuit and crocks will be their new found fashion!" If they only knew.

If I can make it through 27 more nights, which I don't think will actually be that long, according to my Aunt who has "Special Powers" I will have Chloe by Feb. 21st but I think I will have her the last week or first week in March. But who's counting right...

So my days are pretty much spent napping on the couch, reading, and when I get a spurt of energy organizing. Odd I know but I am obsessed with keeping the house organized. Things I usually could care less about drive me crazy. Perhaps the best thing I have done to help with my organization fixation is to create a 3" ring notebook with all kinds of baby stuff I have collected. There is subsections that are divided which include all of my gift receipts, owners manuals for baby gear, coupons, notes, and samples. I know I am ocd, but when Chloe is born everything will be in the notebook in case we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment