Growing up my mom always told me to never say never because you never know.....she was right. I can remember being in college and seeing all these pregnant women have maternity photo shoots done and belly casts created and stockpiling on baby supplies. I remember even watching the TLC show "A baby story" and saying "I will never act like that when I'm pregnant...not to mention screaming during delivery!" However, in the past 37 weeks I have found my self doing a lot of those nevers.....Pregnancy really does change your mindset on several things.
I only have 20 days to go...and I really can't comprehend that Chloe Nell will be her at any time. At 37 weeks you are considered full term so it could happen today or not until after her due date. Either way I feel as though I am ready. I have done so many wonderful things while pregnant to help make the experience a little more enjoyable. For those of you who know me know I really don't like being pregnant. Its not the weight or belly that bothers me its the being uncomfortable at night, peeing like crazy, and mood swings, not to mention being sick. So I had decided despite all these negative things to do some positive things to balance it all outs.
For starters I become baby supply obsessed. There was a point in my life when I thought that all that baby stuff for nurserys like matching hampers, diaper genies, and pack n plays were all such a waste, but I have since changed my mind. My favorite thing to do is read consumer reviews on baby products, shop at babies r us, and discuss these products with friends. Odd I know, but all in good preparation. I have kept every baby item receipt..just in case..read way to many reviews on items, and even created a notebook that holds all of the instruction manuals, etc.
My next pregnancy craze has been documenting everything. I swore to the pregnancy gods I would never...never...ever have someone come and take photos of Ricky kissing my bare belly...well guess what I DID. We hired Katie Synder to come take lots of really cool photos of Ricky, myself and yes my huge white belly. The pictures are amazing to say the least. I absolutely love them. I guess I am just really proud that I haven't had any stretch marks on my stomach and wanted to show that off. Plus my mother doesn't have any photos of her while she was pregnant with me and I always have wondered what she looked like.
I have also found my self obsessed with my belly in other ways. It is actually the one thing I like about being pregnant. I don't mind being large and in charge as Ricky says. Last night he created a plaster cast of my belly. It was really fun to do and I can't wait to have it painted and decorated. I want say I'll NEVER display it because never say never...right? but I do plan on keeping it out for a while then I will probably store it for when Chloe gets older I can show it to her.
My biggest obsession is basically about keeping things organized and documenting everything. I don't want to miss anything. I have taken over 250 photos to Wal-greens to be developed...they know be my name. At all my showers I wanted pictures taken of me opening every gift, then I wrote on the back the gift and who gave it to me....odd I know but helpful and in years to come I can look back and say "Oh yeah...Aunt Claire gave that to us..." I am also trying to get a great scrapbook set up...I haven't really started on it but have laid out how I would like it.
My newest fixation is being prepared..which includes getting ready for the hospital and delivery plus bringing Chloe home. Although every one keeps telling me others wise..and that I will never be prepared I am a firm believer that it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I guess I learned this the hard way growing up. When I lived in Tampa and Hurricane Andrew was about to hit, my dad prepared our house, he boarded up the windows, got supplies etc. Most people in our neighborhood laughed and said it isn't going to hit Tampa no need to prepare. Well to make a long story short Andrew didn't hit Tampa, but we had flooding and severe down winds which produced power outages and blown out windows and roofs. Our house was spared because dad prepared the others weren't so lucky. So I guess at such an early age I have learned "BE PREPARED!" For me my preparation has included taking all the childbirth classes, breast feeding classes plus meeting with Pediatricians. I also carry with me at all times my trusty preggo notebook that I keep my lists of things to do/buy, questions/concerns to ask, etc. I find this very helpful and keeps me from forgetting stuff. I also have packed my hospital bags ( I did this at 32 weeks) and Chloe's diaper bag and have the placed neatly downstairs. I have read every book mentioned to me on what to expect, breastfeeding, etc. So yes I do feel prepared...however I know it my heart that once the ball gets rolling and Chloe arrives I will probably forget it all and just go with my instincts. Until then my safety blanket is preparing myself for our new addition.
I have included several photos...I am sure to keep some of you laughing a little longer, but hey what else do I have to do today..
Belly Cast-
Our bags our packed...Blue bag is mine and Chloe's diaper bag is the floral one
The baby bible....my "special" notebook filled with receipts, etc......
I only have 20 days to go...and I really can't comprehend that Chloe Nell will be her at any time. At 37 weeks you are considered full term so it could happen today or not until after her due date. Either way I feel as though I am ready. I have done so many wonderful things while pregnant to help make the experience a little more enjoyable. For those of you who know me know I really don't like being pregnant. Its not the weight or belly that bothers me its the being uncomfortable at night, peeing like crazy, and mood swings, not to mention being sick. So I had decided despite all these negative things to do some positive things to balance it all outs.
For starters I become baby supply obsessed. There was a point in my life when I thought that all that baby stuff for nurserys like matching hampers, diaper genies, and pack n plays were all such a waste, but I have since changed my mind. My favorite thing to do is read consumer reviews on baby products, shop at babies r us, and discuss these products with friends. Odd I know, but all in good preparation. I have kept every baby item receipt..just in case..read way to many reviews on items, and even created a notebook that holds all of the instruction manuals, etc.
My next pregnancy craze has been documenting everything. I swore to the pregnancy gods I would never...never...ever have someone come and take photos of Ricky kissing my bare belly...well guess what I DID. We hired Katie Synder to come take lots of really cool photos of Ricky, myself and yes my huge white belly. The pictures are amazing to say the least. I absolutely love them. I guess I am just really proud that I haven't had any stretch marks on my stomach and wanted to show that off. Plus my mother doesn't have any photos of her while she was pregnant with me and I always have wondered what she looked like.
I have also found my self obsessed with my belly in other ways. It is actually the one thing I like about being pregnant. I don't mind being large and in charge as Ricky says. Last night he created a plaster cast of my belly. It was really fun to do and I can't wait to have it painted and decorated. I want say I'll NEVER display it because never say never...right? but I do plan on keeping it out for a while then I will probably store it for when Chloe gets older I can show it to her.
My biggest obsession is basically about keeping things organized and documenting everything. I don't want to miss anything. I have taken over 250 photos to Wal-greens to be developed...they know be my name. At all my showers I wanted pictures taken of me opening every gift, then I wrote on the back the gift and who gave it to me....odd I know but helpful and in years to come I can look back and say "Oh yeah...Aunt Claire gave that to us..." I am also trying to get a great scrapbook set up...I haven't really started on it but have laid out how I would like it.
My newest fixation is being prepared..which includes getting ready for the hospital and delivery plus bringing Chloe home. Although every one keeps telling me others wise..and that I will never be prepared I am a firm believer that it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I guess I learned this the hard way growing up. When I lived in Tampa and Hurricane Andrew was about to hit, my dad prepared our house, he boarded up the windows, got supplies etc. Most people in our neighborhood laughed and said it isn't going to hit Tampa no need to prepare. Well to make a long story short Andrew didn't hit Tampa, but we had flooding and severe down winds which produced power outages and blown out windows and roofs. Our house was spared because dad prepared the others weren't so lucky. So I guess at such an early age I have learned "BE PREPARED!" For me my preparation has included taking all the childbirth classes, breast feeding classes plus meeting with Pediatricians. I also carry with me at all times my trusty preggo notebook that I keep my lists of things to do/buy, questions/concerns to ask, etc. I find this very helpful and keeps me from forgetting stuff. I also have packed my hospital bags ( I did this at 32 weeks) and Chloe's diaper bag and have the placed neatly downstairs. I have read every book mentioned to me on what to expect, breastfeeding, etc. So yes I do feel prepared...however I know it my heart that once the ball gets rolling and Chloe arrives I will probably forget it all and just go with my instincts. Until then my safety blanket is preparing myself for our new addition.
I have included several photos...I am sure to keep some of you laughing a little longer, but hey what else do I have to do today..
Belly Cast-
Our bags our packed...Blue bag is mine and Chloe's diaper bag is the floral one
The baby bible....my "special" notebook filled with receipts, etc......
Love the belly cast. I thought about doing it, but decided against it. I don't know if I'll regret that or not... Yours is beautiful. And it definitely pays to be prepared early. All along I thought I would go overdue, but fortunately we had put together the hospital bags and had everything ready when my water broke at 37 weeks! And no, there's really no way you can be completely prepared, but all the reading and studying I did beforehand DID help a lot!! Especially about breastfeeding and ways to help her sleep.
ReplyDelete