The Conner's Est. 2003

Sunday, March 1, 2009

ALMOST Doesn't cut it!

Well today was an eventful day or what I should really say an uneventful one...Since last Monday I have had contractions off and on but nothing that seems to stay regular long enough to report to the Doctor, however I was at 3cm and I felt sure Chloe would arrive soon! However, today was our usual Sunday except that I felt like I might be leaking a little amniotic fluid. I called the Doctor who sent me straight to the hospital for evaluation. They don't wait when it comes to leaking fluid. So after being checked in and hooked up to the fetal monitors I once again told the nurses what I thought was going on, etc..They did the usual bp, fetal heart rate, contractions, urine screen and of course checked my cervix and did several swabs to see if I was leaking fluid.

I must be completely honest at this point. If I have to pee in one more cup I think I am going to scream, but they always make you. This time they said they wanted to check for a bladder infection. All of which I told them I thought I had last week and had told the doc at my regular appointment and of course last week they said I didn't..Go figure today my urine screen came back with all high numbers which suggested that YES I have a bladder infection. This will make my 3rd one so I know the drill...antibiotics for a week..yeah!

After several hours and another great cervix check by the doctor I was once again told 3 cm and 80% effaced yeah and on the Bishops score I was a 9. GREAT. Everything else checked out fine...baby's heart rate was great but I was having a lot of contractions. Also the doc didn't think I was leaking any fluid but said more than likely I should go into labor soon! He recommended the usual to speed up labor walking and sex. I am sure the look on my face said it all! Like what woman in their right mind with 7 days to go before they give birth would possible want to have sex and even if they did how enjoyable would it be...I said a big NO THANK YOU and then looked at poor Ricky's face which was beaming from ear to ear with a huge smile but now had turned to a sure rolling of the eyes...oh well he can deal with it!!!!

So after 4 hours we were sent home. The doctor once again mentioned induction for next week. This time I made Ricky listen and asked my usual questions....is this right for me? what are my c-section risks, pros vs. cons. All of which the good doctor answered and then preceded to say what everyone in the room and world already knows about me...and I will quote him here "Since you appear to be a planner or should I say a bit OCD I highly recommend an induction for you since you can have it planned and you want be so anxious.!" He was really nice about it and his nurse even said he was OCD so I don't feel so bad. Anyways we have it scheduled but are going in tomorrow for our regular appointment with him to wrap up any last minute questions (which I always have).

No comments:

Post a Comment