This is my first blog experience...so i guess i would be a blog virgin...lol....Anyways, last Thursday my whole life changed. Chloe was born on March 5th, 2009 and was a total mess. As i stood there and watched Heather push and fight to deliver Chloe I could not help but fall in love with her again. She will be such a great mom because she such a wonderful woman. Dad's are totally helpless in the whole birth process. I can not begin to tell how many times people asked me how are things going...and i am like there good, i do not feel a thing...making light of the situation when in fact i was a big ball of nerves! As for the delivery itself, WOW....i could not believe what i was watching. First of all, i was totally not going to watch the delivery at all. I thought of all that tearing and blood...i would faint then i would miss the whole thing all together...just my luck. As things progressed the more into the whole process i got. I watched as Heather pushed Chloe down the birth canal and into this world. As Chloe was coming out...i could not help but think...does this kid have a face...lol...because she had a cone head from being in the birth canal and i did not know the head could do that....then...as if God heard my question...i saw her face and it was pointed at me...then i saw her delivered. From that point on, it was a blur...they took her and cleaned her off then i carried her to the nursery. I must say...that was an amazing experience and one i will never forget. Later that night, i saw another dad in the nursery doing the same thing i had done just a few hours and earlier and it hit me that i will not be able to that again. (at least till the next baby) That night i told Heather that all i have done since 4:49 was worry. I was worried about the baby and Heather, were they going to be OK and was things going like they should. Everyone tells you that you will not get sleep and its a great feeling, but they are just lying really. You can not tell someone about that feeling until you experience, that is when you truly understand. I have had a headache for the past 3 days from all the stress and lack of sleep, but i would not trade it for anything.
Now we are at home and things are starting to settle down a bit. I mean we had like 50 or 60 people come by the hospital so wish us well and see the baby. That in itself takes a lot out of you. Now back to the house thing....these 3 a.m. feedings are tuff...and taking care of Heather making sure she is OK is also tuff. As I hold Chloe and with the feedings i can understand why people get crazy about their kids...mine is less than a week old and i am already wrapped. When she looks into my eyes and i talk with her about life...i can't help but think....wedding, college, cars, and BOYS! I will leave you with this....Chloe has made Heather and I a family. Heather and her are my world, I just hope the time does not go by too fast...because this is a high I never want to lose.
How sweet! And to think how much you wanted a boy in the beginning! I love Aidyn to death, but part of me wished when we found out that Ben could have had a "daddy's girl" as well. Maybe next time.
ReplyDeleteFor now, I can't wait to play in the yard and get dirty and go to ball games! :)