The Conner's Est. 2003

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wonderfulness!


Well I made it through my first week of just Chloe and myself. Ricky went back to work after being off 3 weeks for spring break! I was really nervous about him going back because he is such a huge help with Chloe so I was kinda scared but knew it was going to happen. On Sunday night I begged him to take another week off but he couldn't because he has to get ready for the lovely TCAP's in April. I said a little prayer Sunday night and had a good long talk with Chloe Nell about how to behave on Monday, lol.




I guess I need to back up a little and tell you why I am going to miss Ricky so much, apart from the fact that he is my husband and I love him so much! Ricky is a wonderful father and caregiver. Sometimes I think he is way to giving of himself. Even before I was pregnant I could ask Ricky to help me and he would. I could be gone all day on a Saturday and leave him a list of things to do and he would always have them completed by the time I got home. Also no matter what time of night it was if I needed a drink all I would have to do is ask Ricky and he would fumble down stairs and get it for me. He is WONDERFUL.




Once I got pregnant his wonderfulness got even better. I basically didn't have to do much because he would pick up the slack. Yes, he would run errands, go to the store for me, even do laundry and scrub the bathroom shower. I am blessed to have a husband that doesn't mind to do household chores.




I knew Ricky would be great with Chloe, but I didn't know just how great! From the moment she was born he has spent a great deal of time bonding with her and loving on her, but never forgetting about me. Since bringing her home he has bent over back words to help in anyway that he can. When ever he is home he changes most of the diapers and will fetch me whatever item I might need, something to drink, a paci, lotion, etc he never complains. At night when I have to get up to feed Chloe, Ricky insists on getting up to and changing her diaper and then he puts her back to bed for me. WONDERFUL!!!!! Probably my most favorite thing about my husband is that as soon as he walks in the door from work he doesn't run over to the baby to love on her, instead he walks over to me and gives me a hug and kiss and asks me about my day..WONDERFUL!!! He makes me still feel just as loved and as important as the day we got married!!!




So with Ricky going back to work you can see why I was a little worried considering all the help he has been not only to me but with Chloe as well! I must report though that things haven't changed. Even though Ricky is at work from 7am til 4pm ish, the moment he walks in the door he takes over with Chloe to give me a little break. This is usually when I can get a shower, or take a nap, fix dinner, or just do whatever I need to do. Yes, Ricky still gets up at night with her even though he has to be up for work at 6:30am. WONDERFUL!!!!!




I did make it through my first week all alone. Chloe was great! She ate and slept good and I managed to even cook several good dinners. Adjusting wasn't too bad! I must say though I can't imagine raising a child by myself. It would almost be impossible. I am so blessed to have Ricky by my side.


We are still perfecting our schedule but I hope by about 8 weeks it will be smooth sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment