On Sunday March 1st I went the the hospital with yet again another bladder infection. I must have seemed really anxious because our wonderful Doctor mentioned being induced. After much debate Ricky and I decided to go ahead and schedule Chloe's birthday. Several factors being that I am OCD and like to be in control and also because of her size and my blood pressure issues. So on March 5th at 4:49pm our little Chloe Nell made her grand entrance in the world.
The night before I could hardly sleep, I was up at 3am finishing up my last minute things. We got to the hospital at 6am and checked in. After and hour of IV fluids and waiting for our doctor to start his shift we were getting anxious. At around 7am the dr. came to check on us. He started my pitocin and said I was still 3cm and 80%. He thought that around lunch we might have a baby. Yeah, a short labor!!!! At around 9am he came to re-check me and I was only at 4cm and he said things were moving slow. Yikes, I was freaking out because I didn't want a c-section. As time went on I got more anxious, but my nurse kept reassuring me it would be alright. At 10am they broke my water and things starting going by then. I started really feeling the contractions. All I can say is they hurt like HELL! I was at this point asking for the epidural and it couldn't come fast enough! Once I got my epi boy did I feel great! I was able to lay back and relax.
From 10:45 to 2pm I felt pretty good..I spent the time talking with family and watching T.V. then around 2:30 I started getting uncomfortable and by 3pm I felt a lot of PRESSURE!!!! Trust me it isn't pain just pressure. All I wanted to do was push but I couldn't because I wasn't a full 10 cm yet. My nurse kept checking me at at 3:45 the doctor came in to check me one last time and finally gave the green light for pushing. So at 4pm I started pushing. It wasn't painful at all and actually felt great to push through the contractions. At 4:49pm Chloe was born. I remember the doctor telling me to look down and at that very moment I saw her be born it was a miracle. Ricky stayed by my side the entire time. He was an awesome coach and kept me calm.
Once she was cleaned up I got to hold her and then Ricky got to carry her to the Nursery. The hospital staff probably thought I have a crazy family because I had about 12 people waiting in the hallway during the delivery. It's funny though because the moment Chloe was born that was all anyone could think about...I got stuck all alone in the delivery room being cleaned up. Just me, the nurse and the good ole'doctor. I didn't mind though I just hated that I missed seeing everyones reaction to her and see her being weighed in the nursery. I hate to miss milestones like that. Anyways I finally got cleaned up and got to hold and feed my baby girl for the first time.
It is a very strong and powerful thing to give birth to a child. Now that it has been over a week a look back and it is all kinda a blurry dream. It's hard to imagine life without her and yet its hard to believe that Ricky and I created her and that I had her growing inside me for 9 months. I could keep writing about the hospital stay, the pain, the fear of being a parent but I'm not because in the end I got to bring home a healthy baby girl
No comments:
Post a Comment