The Conner's Est. 2003

Monday, December 14, 2009

Say what?!?!?!?!

The sickness was out of the scene and Chloe Nell had her 9 month well visit scheduled for Dec. 10th. I took her by myself this time and she did great! She loves to flirt with Dr. B and smiled the entire time. Towards the end of our appointment he wanted to listen to her heart one last time. Odd I thought but then again she does get squirmy and I would rather he be thorough. So as she set on my lap while he listened and listened and listened I could feel my face getting hot and my hands sweating. Just like that he said to me that he thought she had a heart murmur! WHAT! At that point I just kinda sat there, I was told that our other Dr. had heard it the week before when Ricky and my mom brought her in sick, but didn't mention it b/c she was so congested, etc. Dr. B had the other Dr. come in and re listen and he said he could her the defect more clearly..the what? is all I kept thinking...My Chloe Nell has NO defect! At this point I was really mad that here I was all alone, hearing this holding my sweet baby girl! They left the room to consult and at that point I texted Ricky and he left practice to meet me!

Our Doctors were wonderful, they explained everything to Ricky when he got there. Said it sounded like an ASD, blah blah blah is all I can remember. We are being sent to a pediatric cardiologist on 12/15 for an echo cardiogram. Until then please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

In the midst of all of this I failed to get her 9 month stats, but will post when I do get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment