Chloe has been batteling a yucky upper respiratory infection since about mid-November. It first started as a mild double ear infection and 102 fever that resulted in 10 days of amoxocillan. After that round of medicine we thought she was doing much better. Thanksgiving came and went and then out of no where I got sick and started running a high fever. Lucky for me, ha...I had a school conference in Nashville and had to go so I took my zpack and went on my way. I left detailed instructions for Ricky and my mom to keep an eye on Chloe Nell while I was gone for signs of a illness. I left on a Tuesday night and on Wednesday morning a awoke to a phone call from Ricky at 8am saying she was up the night before and that her eye was crusty and red. Great!
Ricky took her to my moms and at 10am I called to check on her. The message this time was that her eye looked better, but still red, and she had a mild fever! Great! At 1pm I called to check in and this time my message was to go ahead and call the doctor. Great!
Chloe was seen that day..(I need to emphasis here that I LOVE our pediatric group!) Mom and Ricky packed her off and away they went to the dr.
At 4:30 I called for the verdict. Double ear infection, right her was about to burst, filled with pus, eye infection as well. Another upper respiratory infection. This time she was put on augmentin (sp) and some ultra expensive eye drops (I'm not going to be cheap they are her only set of eyes!)
Of course that was the same night the power kept going off in Erwin so Ricky had to jump through golden hoops to get her RX filled! Finally at 9pm she got her first dose of both meds.
I felt sick not being with her but new she was in great hands.
The next morning I called to get the nightly report, lol
She slept better but was having explosive diarrhea...GREAT!
After talking to my mom on Thursday, I felt a little better about it all. She was eating and drinking and overall pretty pleasant. I returned Friday night to a burnt bottom! Her little bum was so raw from having such bad diarrhea that I really fussed at my entire family, but it wasn't their fault they had kept layer on layer of butt paste on her. I called the peds. Saturday morning and of course they said to keep the cream on and let her air out and to add yogurt to her diet.
I did all of the above and switched from butt paste to Aveno and by Sunday she looked like a new baby!
So as the story goes Chloe was on the path to recovery....to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment