The Conner's Est. 2003

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Piercing Pagoda

Let me warn you that this entry might be alarming to some of you. I can see your eyes rolling and her the sighs already just by having you read the title of this entry...I have also heard the
"You made that baby cry" one to many times and trust me I DON'T CARE! As immature as this my sound She's my baby! LOL

Okay so now that I got my frustration out let me tell you all about the piercing pagoda....

When I first found out I was pregnant I said that if I was going to have a girl then as soon as she was 3 months old I was getting her ears pierced. Most people gave the mentioned responses from above, but I just rolled my eyes back and said I was doing it. So I had Chloe and once again said at 3 months I am getting her ears pierced. This time her Daddy protested about it and said NO. So at her 2 month appointment I brought it back up again, and again he said no. According to him he thought it would be redneck for a baby to have her ears pierced. So I dropped it for a bit. Then at her 4 month dr. appointment I asked the dr. about what he thought. He said that they pierce ears there in the office and thought it was a great idea. I met with another dr. who actually did the piercing he told me all about it and how "safe and sterile" it is compared to having it done at the mall....I bought into it and of course scheduled an appointment for the next week, actually on my birthday.

After much discussion Ricky gave in and said okay, but he wasn't really sold on the entire idea of getting Chloe's little ears pierced. So the big day arrived. I put her in a new cute outfit and told her all about what to expect. She is such a cheerful happy baby that rarely cries or fusses so I just knew this would be a piece of cake...WRONG!!!!

She hadn't had her morning nap that day, and when we got there she was hungry at 1:30 and wasn't supposed to eat til 2pm, but because she was getting hungry which equals fussy I went ahead and fed her early thinking that would help..WRONG...

It was like her little radar was going off....The dr. came in to the room and tried to mark her ears..yeah right she put up a huge fight, crying bloody murder and he hadn't even pierced them yet.

After about 15 minutes of trying to get her marks for the earrings lined up on each year we were ready to pierce them. Ricky had to hold her because she was very squirmy, but did rather well with this part. Once the earrings were in Ricky handed her to me and she was calm and just sat in my lap and looked around.

So long story short, her little diamonds are sooooooo cute. Ricky loves them and so do I. She doesn't seem to mind them either

Mommy and Chloe both have earrings now!

picking out the perfect pair

.

No comments:

Post a Comment