Ricky and I are huge fans of camping! I know that might sounds shocking to those of you that know me, but yes I actually do love to camp. We used to tent camp, but after getting tired of lugging around tons of gear we decided to purchase a Coleman fold out camper aka a pop up! It has been a great investment. We have had numerous outings and made tons a neat family memories.
For my birthday this year we decided to go to Deep Creek, which is in Bryson City North Carolina. Deep Creek is a great family park. You can rent tubes and float down the creek. My mother used to come to the park when she was a child. In fact it was her family's yearly vacation spot in the mountains (all Floridians vacation to the mountains, lol). Ricky and I have been coming to the park since we were in college and we love it.
This time we got the perfect camp spot. My parents and brother and his family came with us. My dad hates tent camping and since the camper was packed with Ricky, Chloe and myself, along with my Mom, Emalee, Sophie and Kami he decided to sleep in the back of his station wagon. Justin, Hollie and Kaylee slept in out big tent.
This was Chloe's first night in the woods. I wasn't all that worried because she is a creature of habit with her schedule. I knew basically when she would eat and sleep. I just needed to make sure the bugs didn't bite her.
While we all went tubing. Papa (my dad) kept her and lucky for him she took a nice long 2 hour nap.
We had a blast and look forward to doing it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment