The Conner's Est. 2003

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

Well another Christmas has passed and I was sad to see it go! Ricky and I spent Christmas Eve visiting his family in Elizabethton. It was tons of fun! We gave the little kids their gingerbread houses which they loved and then we all exchanged gifts. It was a great time especially seeing family.



We left Elizabethton and headed back to my parents for the traditional baked potatoe bar. Ricky and I were already stuffed so we just split a tater and then started the gift exchange. Everyone gets to open one gift on Christmas Eve. It was fun and Emmy and Kaylee had a great time too!



Christmas day was busy as well. Ricky and I didn't get up until 10am which I am pretty sure will be our last one sleeping in for a while. We exchanged our gifts. I got a beautiful cushion cut aquamarine ring which is Chloe's birthstone and some preggo clothes. Ricky surprised me with the pack n play and lady bug mobile for the nursery. I was very excited. Ricky got several of his favorite DVDs and a Murse or man purse to carry the babies stuff. After we opened all of our gifts we made breakfast. Ricky cooked french toast and I made the bacon and eggs. We invited my parents over for breakfast. It was very yummy.



After breakfast we cleaned up and went over to visit his Dad. We exchanged gifts. Joan Ricky's stepmother had a quilt made for Chloe that has cute little puppy dogs on it. It was very sweet.

It is a family tradtion to go to the movies on Christmas night so we left Ricky's dad and headed to buy our movie tickets for the show later that night.


Once back at home we started cooking Christmas Dinner. We had the usual Ham, Turkey, dressing, yams, corn, and rolls. It was yummy. After dinner we had our big family Christmas. Everyone opened all of their gifts. Mom painted me a winter picture and we also got a fire safe, very pracitcal. Emmy and Kaylee really racked up with tons of ponies and dolls they were all smiles and laughs.



Christmas was wonderful this year, however I am really looking foward to next years with Chloe Nell by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment