Christmas was a huge hit this year! But I am so glad that it is over, yes I said it over! It is a lot of work. Ricky and I had to visit our families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Not to mention all of the cooking and cleaning that had to be done.
Christmas night was hectic between all of us opening gifts, the nieces screaming, family trying to eat and all of this going on and hoping to catch a 8:15 movie it was crazy! We made it to the movie (it is our family tradition to see a movie on Christmas night) I don't recommend Benjamin Buttons, but once I sat down to enjoy the movie exhaustion sat in. I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open. We got home around midnight and I slept like a baby!
The next to days were very productive for us. On Friday Ricky and I took down all of our Christmas decor inside the house and thoroughly cleaned every square inch. I organized things and we rearranged furniture to make room for our pack n play, swing and rocking chair downstairs. We also cleaned the basement, pantry and den closet. By 10pm I was swamped!
Saturday was another day of cleaning, we finished up outside and inside and are done.....whew it was a lot of work but very rewarding.
After some much needed rest on Sunday, I geared up for another busy week. On Monday Dec. 29th I had to Doctors appointments. One for my epidural consult and the other was my 2 week check-up. The epi consult was a joke it took me longer to fill out the paper work than for the Dr to actually meet with me, oh well. My routine OB appointment went good. I had gained of course more weight, measured a little bigger that usually and the heart beat was good. I go back Jan. 12th!
We don't have plans for ringing in the new year, but are looking forward to 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment