I for once was very thankful for several back to back snow days. Being that I have almost fully exhausted my sick days at work I knew that if I, Ricky or Chloe Nell got sick I would most like likely not have enough days to take off. So with that being said I held my breath and hoped non of us got the flu, etc.
On Wednesday of last week I noticed Chloe Nell started acting kinda fussy and had several odd diapers. However, she has 3 teeth about to pop through so I tossed it up to that. I kept and eye on her food intake, fever, and diapers just to be safe. On Thursday, she woke up congested and her diapers were even worse..all most liquid like. So at 8am I called our peds. office and it kept saying they were closed (we had a heavy snow the night before) So I kept trying to call and stopped at 8:45. I later found out they did open but it was around 9ish. Go figure. I knew I needed to keep plenty of liquids in Chloe and make sure she wasn't acting weird or listless.
However, by 10am I was so sick myself I couldn't even move. I went upstairs to rest and at 1pm Ricky had to leave for basketball. I ended up calling my mom over to watch Chloe Nell because by this point the toilet was my new found BFF! So as the story goes I progressively got worse so did Chloe and my brother's entire family started barfing as well. My poor mother put Chloe to sleep and ran over to my brothers to assist him with 2 sick kids. All in the mean time Chloe wakes up screaming sick, I am barfing in the bathroom and can't get to her, Ricky is on his way home from basketball barfing on the interstate, it was BAD folks. So who else to call but my Dad. He came over, helped Chloe, got me situated until my mom came back.
Ricky finally got home showered and we both crashed at 5pm. My Mom and Dad took Chloe home with them because she was so sick. On Friday I woke up at 11am and kinda felt better. I managed to eat a little soup and get some Gatorade in me. I head to my parents home to get Chloe. She was didn't look well so I called the dr. We took her in at 6pm that night. And of course didn't get to see our dr. We were told to stop worrying and it will be fine by Saturday.
Well by Saturday she wasn't better. Between midnight and 7am she had twelve liquid diapers, and not the easy ones either. I was worried it was getting worse! Hello this was going on since Wednesday.
We ended up calling the on call dr. which was our dr. He said based on everything I described it sounded like the Rotovirus and that we needed to completely change her diet to bland and no milk formula/yogurt. Boy that would have been nice to know Friday.!!! Don't you think! Apparently what I described in the diapers to the first dr, just blew right over him without a notion to consider it!
So after switching her formula to soy and yogurt to soy and only giving her dry toast, plain noodles, and cereal she didn't have anymore diapers yesterday and only 1 this morning. Apparently this bug is pretty nasty in little kids!
So sorry for a long post, but it was a nasty couple of days for us all and scary as well.
And Moral of the story is go with you gut feeling...literally. I knew something wasn't right with Chloe Nell. Mothers do know best!
No comments:
Post a Comment