The Conner's Est. 2003

Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Little Lady Bug


Today is Chloe Nell's 6 month birthday! As I sit here typing this I started looking through some of her photos from the day she was born. It is amazing how fast time goes by. Everyone told us before long she will be starting Kindergarten. I would always just laugh, but it is sooooo true. Where does time go? I can remember our 2nd week at home. I was out of energy, tired from a newborn, nursing 24 hours and NO sleep. I remember saying to Ricky I can't wait till she is 6 months old and sleeps through the night. Well I kinda miss those sleepless nights and holding a newborn baby! and at times I find it really hard to remember her being that small.


I am however excited to see her little personality developing and her smiling face and little giggles. She is such a happy baby and the love of her mommy and daddy's life! I thank God each day for her and for allowing her to a healthy and happy baby. I always sing her a silly song that I made up about how God knew she was mine before I even knew. She always smiles at me and watches me sing it to her.


I was having the conversion with a group of co-workers the other day. We were discussing how having a child of your own really changes your perception of the world around you. I often think would I want someone to do or say that to Chloe! I see children in a whole new light now that I have my own! My co-workers and I were also discussing what a miracle a baby is. That two small cells can create a perfect little life. THERE IS A GOD and how people can't believe that I don't know!


So as the night comes to a end on Chloe Nell's first 1/2 birthday I find myself pausing a bit to savour it and to make a lasting memory of this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment