The Conner's Est. 2003

Monday, January 19, 2009

Rest is Best!

Ricky and I have had 3 days off and I swore I was going to rest, but instead I have ran my self ragged. I Spent Thursday Night having dinner with an old friend and didn't get home until 10pm and then was so pumped about talking with her I had a hard time relaxing before bedtime. Friday night I went out for dinner with another Friend to catch up, which was a blast and got home late as well. Saturday I spent with my mom getting our hair cut and shopping for Chloe a coming home outfit, me some cute hospital attire, and a cute shirt for my family shower. Mom and I were gone all day and once again I didn't get home until 9pm. Ricky thinks I'm crazy but I had things to do. Saturday night I didn't sleep good because my feet were killing me from walking all day. I should have stayed home Sunday to rest, but what did I do...run off to Asheville for some more shopping. Today, I had a lunch date with an old sorority sister who is expecting and is due just 3 days before me, but I couldn't just settle for lunch, I ended up dragging poor Ricky out with me to Babies R Us and Target before lunch. We had a rather productive day because we found the high chair we wanted on sale for 75% at Target so it was worth the trek in the snow storm.

Lunch was a blast. Hannah is due on March 6th and I am due March 9th so it was fun to compare our sizes. She is having a boy and is he is really low and I have a girl and she thought I was carrying really high. It was funny giving each other a hug when we left because our bellies hit each other.

On our way home Ricky and I stopped at Wal-mart to get some groceries and to get some needed stuff for our big day at the hospital. I have read so much stuff on what to take with you to the hospital both for mommy and baby that I felt like if I didn't make a list and get some of it I was going to freak out. I am huge planner with a touch of OCD. I have a baby notebook just filled with stuff I need to do, pack, etc. I had made up my mind that I was going to do a little here and there and have everything ready by Feb. 1st. So far I am doing really good. I went ahead today and purchased lots of items in the travel sizes that we can take with us to the hospital but throw away once we get home. Plus I want have to run around and try to find things like the regular size toothpaste and shampoo, etc if I do go into labor.

The plan is to have it all neatly packed my bag, Chloe's bag and Ricky's bag and ready to go....just in case. Ricky is the one who is getting a little anxious, he keeps asking me "when are you going to do this or this...." It's funny just to hear him...

Looks like tomorrow will be a good day to rest and catch up on house work since school was cancelled for snow. I have my 3rd childbirth class tomorrow on C-Sections so it should be rather interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment