It is funny how quickly you can get sick. I felt fine all day yesterday and then by mid-afternoon I started sneezing and getting a runny nose. I just thought "oh allergies", but then the snow started coming down and it started getting really cold outside. I decided to go ahead and get a hot shower, that might make me feel better, but by 6pm I was beginning to think "I've got a cold!"
The snow kept falling and I had my childbirth class #2 so I decided to suck it up and go anyways despite the snow, cold temperatures, and a cold. My parents were going to JC anyways for dinner so they drove me to class where Ricky met me after basketball practice. I just kept my fingers crossed that the snow would keep coming and school would be closed the next day.
Once at class I didn't start to feel any better. It could have been the fact they we had to watch a video on "labor pain" and epidurals. I have been saying all along that I want and epi as soon as I get to the hospital, but after reviewing my options I am thinking more towards getting just IV meds for pain. The nurse who teaches the class said we can have both IV and and epi. So I figure try the meds and then if they aren't helping I will go for the epi. I can even get it as late as when I start pushing. So I feel for me the IV pain meds might be better. They say that they allow you more movement freedom and you can progress faster in labor and push better, so that's my plan so far. However, I might totally change my mind once the pain hits me. I guess we will just have to see.
We were also given a wonderful tour of the hospital rooms and nursery. However, I have been lucky enough to have had my own "special" tour about 2 months ago when I was a patient. The happy glow just isn't the same after you have been stuck there for two days hooked up to all kinds of stuff, but I didn't want to burst anyways happy glowy bubbles when they walked into the birth room and all I could hear is giggles and "oh how cute are those little belts that wrap around your waste" talking about the baby monitor belts...Trust me their no fun, very uncomfortable...but oh well. I figure these gals will find out for themselves in to no!
Class ended around 9pm and Ricky and I made our way home through the snow! We got a quick bit to eat at McD's and then I soon feel asleep around 10. To my surprise I was awakened at 10:30 by the sweet sound of "honey.....you have no school tomorrow"...I just rolled over said thank you and went back to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment