We attended our first childbirth class the other night! Boy, was it a little scary. I considered my self pretty savoy when it came to child birth, even though I have never done it. For those of you that don't know my undergraduate degree is in good old fashioned "home ec" so I took two semesters on child care and yes in high school they teach and have a video on child birth so I somehow thought I was "cool" if you know what I mean.
Anyways I learned a great deal on the topic and I guess since I am the one going to be going through it, it made it even more scary but exciting. Our class is full of first time parents. The earliest being due the end of Feb. and the last being due in early April. So there was a lot of really good questions and comments.
This time we just watched the birth video, learned about contractions, and practiced breathing. The breathing part is what was hard. They wanted us to stair into our husbands eyes and hold his hands and it was all I could do not to laugh. Anyways, I swear to be more serious next time.
Out next class is next Tuesday. We are going to touring the hospital and the procedures for nursery. I am excited about that class because I really want to know what all goes on in the nursery.
No comments:
Post a Comment