The Conner's Est. 2003

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beach Vacation 2010

Long ago back in February when it was cold and snowy I booked our beach vacation. The usual spot was in order with no oil mess to worry about. The warm photos of Anna Maria Island helped to ease the long winter as we counted down to our trip to Florida.

Every year since I have been little my family goes to the island. It is small not over populated "old Florida", nice and quite. I love it there. We also had an extra bonus with the fact the Ricky's mom and step-dad are living down there this year, so we would get to see them.

We stayed at our usual place Run Away Bay, but hadn't been there since 2008. We didn't make it to the island last year because Chloe was still really little and we ventured to Destin to see Ricky's mom who lived there last year. ( I need to mention the Ricky's mom and Pat love to travel and they spend 1/2 the year in a warm climate like Florida and the 1/2 somewhere else) Perfect for poor school teachers who like a fun place to spend the summer.

We left on a Sunday morning and traveled to south Georgia, spent the night, then traveled the rest of the way to the island. We arrived at 3:30pm which was perfect. The island was just as we had left it, beautiful.

I would say out of all my years going there the water was the best it has ever been, the people were the friendliest, and the weather was perfect! The only thing I regret about our trip is that I forgot to take our picture in front of the Welcome to Anna Maria Island sign...boo! but maybe next year!



Sunset

My most favorite photo ever!

We were supposed to have family photos at the beach,
however Chloe freaked out and this is what we got!
At Star Fish


No comments:

Post a Comment