The Conner's Est. 2003

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First Vacation

Long before we had Chloe it was a well known fact that Ricky and I love to travel. Everyone told us that we would slow down for a couple of years once Chloe was born because traveling with a baby/small child isn't all that fun! Well we proved all of those skeptics wrong! We took Chloe on a week long vacation to visit her Mamaw Linda in Destin, Florida, her Great Granny Nell and Godmother Leslie in Tampa.



We knew it would be a challenge to go on this trip with a 3 month old but we were determined. First of all we were taking our TDI Jetta because it runs on diesel and gets 50 miles to the gallon so I knew we would have to pack light......ha ha ha



We ended up taking everything Chloe would need....pack n play, portable swing, stroller, back pack, diaper bag, clothes bag and bottle bag. Ricky and I managed to squeeze our items into two small duffel bags and one bathroom bag with my make-up and shampoo, etc. With our poor little Jetta packed to the max we were ready.



From Erwin to Destin it is a good 9 hour drive so we decided to wake Chloe up at 5am and feed her then off we were. This was the part I was worried about...how does a 3 month old travel. I knew we would have to stop every 3 hours to feed her and change her diaper and I really didn't want her trapped in her car seat all day but really how was it going to work?



She slept from 5am to 9am and then we stopped at Cracker Barrel in S.C. changed/fed and played with her, took about an hour then we were off.

She fell back to sleep at 10:45am and slept till 12:30ish, stopped again and did the same routine. at 4pm we stopped and fed, changed and played with her. We arrived in Destin at 5:30pm.

Chloe got to visit the states of NC, SC, GA, AL, and Florida so it was a busy trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment