The Conner's Est. 2003

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Babywise

Okay so I was a skeptic at first when several friends told me to read the book Baby Wise! But I swear by it now! When I was about 8 months pregnant I bought the book and read it. I made little notes and Ricky even read it! We knew we were going to try it and hope that our child to be would be a little Angel like the book stated about the baby's whose parents and followed the Baby Wise technique.

Baby wise calls for a schedule such as this: Feed + wake time + nap time (naps aren't optional). Basically the baby should eat then stay up and play for about 45 min to an hour and then take a nap that leads right up to the next feeding time and the routine repeats itself over and over again and by 8 to 10 weeks or so your child should be sleeping through the night!

I must say the book is awesome and very true. We have referred to it several times and Chloe is an amazing baby. Every time we take her out and about with friends who have children as well, or just out in general we always get compliments on how happy she seems. The best part is Chloe has formed her own routine and is comfortable and knows what to expect and so DO we!
We know what times she eats, plays and naps, and the best part is that she is in bed by 9:30pm and Ricky and I get some adult time!

No comments:

Post a Comment