Let me go ahead and apologize now. This is going to be a rather long post followed by several more and lots of fun photos.
I will have several "Party Posts" to celebrate Chloe Nell's birthday.
I love to plan events, especially parties. I loved planning my wedding, family parties, vacations, etc. I am a planner!
With that being said, I started planning for Chloe's birthday party back in December. I searched all kinds a baby magazines, web pages, blogs, etc....for the perfect theme. I didn't want anything to specific but something that would be fun for kids of all ages. With that in mind I settled on "Candy Shoppe". It was soooo much fun to plan...and to some of my cyber friends it may be a little to overboard for your liking.
I have heard it all, from "don't bother with a party, she won't remember, to "keep it simple, she wont remember", "to go big, it will be a blast." I went with the last piece of advice.
I went for it and planned one sweet party for my little sweetie!
As I mentioned back in December I found my theme. And with the help of my mother, we planned everything down to the sprinkle colors on the white chocolate marshmellow pops to her party outfit.
So now that I had a theme I needed to find a great location. Since so many of our friends have children we knew having it our home wouldn't be an option.
We ended up using a good friends dance studio, which worked great since I had about 12 kids running around. I planned the cake with my wonderful mother, who did it all by hand. I made the initiations, banner, and designed the colors/layout of the room, found the perfect party outfit for Chloe and then I heard the worst news ever....I would have to work on Saturday (FYI I teach and since we missed so many days for snow we had to have a Saturday Make-up day. ) Luckily I was able to take the day off!
So that is how the party got started and yes it took me from December to March to complete it all! Good thing I like to plan!
No comments:
Post a Comment