I am only 3 month behind on this blog. Time seems to go and warp speed these days. My mom aka "Granny" celebrated her birthday on July 26th. This year all she asked for was a homemade cheesecake. Easy enough right? No! I think I am a pretty good cook and this is the one item that takes forever to bake, and costs about $30 to make. I guess I could have just bought one, but "Granny" wanted a home-made one. Since my brother shipped out for boot camp on her actual birthday we waited until the following weekend to celebrate. I kinda threw a mini-surprise birthday. Dad had flowers delivered, I cooked some yummy Italian, and of course the cheese cake compliments of a Southern Living recipe.
My mother is perhaps the best mother ever! She was a stay at home mom, who always had our school lunched packed, was a home room mother, had cookies for snacks after school and always tucked us in at night! I am so blessed to have her to do the same for my little girl. She is a stay at home Granny to 3 precious grandchildren. She goes above and beyond for our entire family. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you and will forever be grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment