
I have dealt with a very sad situation for about a year now and that is the keeping of our two dog children. Five years ago on this very Memorial Day Weekend I visited the local animal shelter to see a sad and sickly dog. I looked at the little veteran man who was trying to brush the mats out of the dog's fur and make him look some what cuter in the hopes that someone might adopt him. I asked how long the little brown dog had been at the pound and the man told me too long his time was up Tuesday! So I decided to adopt the little brown dog with no hope and name him Coco Bean.
Well, that was 5 years ago and thing have changed. Since having Chloe poor Coco has been neglected. He is no longer shiny and new and his days of going for walks, sleeping in the bed with us, and cuddling on the couch have been replaced. Ricky and I have talked about finding Coco a new home, but I thought it was only talk. We have posted his picture in hopes of a new owner and asked around to no such response.
However, on the last day of school I was talking to a co-worker and she was interested in getting her Schnauzer another dog-friend. I somehow deep down thought she would never take Coco but in the end she decided he was perfect for her family. I keep in contact with her to see how Coco is doing and so far so good, in fact guess who he sleeps with now????!
We ended up keeping Greta our mini-schnauzer because she is smaller and does better with Chloe. I am at peace with our decision and wish the best for sweet Coco.
No comments:
Post a Comment