The Conner's Est. 2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mommy's weekend getaway!

In 17 months I have only been away from Chloe for 1 night. That was when Ricky and I took a quick trip this summer to Pigeon Forge a mini-getaway. However, this past weekend I booked my own mini-vacation. My best friend is expecting her first child in early December and I thought it would be fun to get to spend some time with her. The last time I saw her was when she came and visited us when Chloe was 6 weeks old. I was lucky enough to find a cheap flight down there and was very excited.

I don't think though most people were impressed with me saying "I'm leaving Chloe at home with her Daddy and Granny!" I heard everything from "You shouldn't leave an 8 month old...." to "What will she do with out you?" Here are my answers....1. I am a mother 24 hours a day no matter where I or my child is! 2. My husband is very reliable and capable of loving and taking care of her while I am gone...3. He is my husband ....not a weirdo off the street...and 3. If my mom, her granny can't hack it then no one can...Granny is an excellent caregiver! So there were my verbal reasons. Actually I don't really have to explain my trip. I needed a mini-vacation and a little stress free time away and it worked out great.

I wasn't all that concerned to Chloe's care or that she would forget me...need I remind others that she lived inside me for 9 months...how could she or I forget that whole experience.

So with me off my soap box.....I just wanted to say she survived and I never cried! I dare someone to tell me I am a bad mother! I think the trip refreshed me, re energized me, and made me a better mother. I don't want to be the mom who can't go any where because my child can't cope without me....

On a lighter note....my trip was filled with great food, lots of preggo questions, and rest! All much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment