Christmas has snuck up on me this year! I am usually the gal who has her tree and all the tacky decor up the day after Thanksgiving and all my gifts neatly wrapped under the tree by Dec. 1st. But this year I have a mild case of the "bah hum bugs"! I wasn't really all that into putting up all the Christmas decorations. I wasn't sure it was just having a very over whelming year or being just plan tired. Either way I just wasn't in the spirit! I tried all the usual things to get me going. Christmas music, punch, candy, a little shopping but no holiday spirit was coming out.
Finally Ricky urged me and we managed to get most of our decorations out, minus 2 trees and one snowman, and 2 deer. I ended up not putting up our den and dining room tree, as well as several outdoor decorations. Oh well, I might get to it the day before Christmas! If not, there is always next year!
I felt a little guilty because this is the first year Chloe really understands what is going on with Christmas and she sure is in the spirit. Anything that has lights, sings, or sparkles makes her eyes light up. If none of the other things put me in the holiday spirit watching one little girl decorate the tree and get all excited sure did the trick!
No comments:
Post a Comment